Google Analytics tracking code

CAPTURING THE HEART AND CREATIVITY IN WEDDINGS

Welcome! This site is a tribute to my many wedding couples who have created unique and beautiful surroundings for their weddings. Their creativity and ingenuity reflected their personalities and together we have often created new ways to modernize the old traditions.


If you are looking for a minister for your wedding in the Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, contact me for a free consultation. Together we can create a ceremony that reflects your love, your personality and your dreams for your future.


To visit or return to my website - www.ncweddingminister.com


______________________________________________________________________

Meagan and Brian marry June 6, 2009 at Spruce Pine Lodge in Bahama, NC

Meagan and Brian have been together as a couple for eight years, but at least half of that time they have lived in separate states. What a treat it is going to be for them to actually live in the same time zone and zip code at last! Because of the time they have spent apart, it was important to them that they include a favorite poem in their ceremony entitled “i carry your heart with me,” by e e cummings. It is a beautiful and touching poem about love and connection and it was artfully read by one of their Bridesmaids, Julie.

The location they chose for their ceremony was Spruce Pine Lodge, a wonderful style mix of what I tend to think of as a large southern chalet/hunting cabin. Set out in the woods so it is very private, it was just perfect for this low-key ceremony and the celebration that followed. Meagan and Brian had decorated the Lodge for the event and I have never seen it looking nicer.
















The bouquets were made by Meagan and her Bridesmaids the morning of the wedding and they were absolutely beautiful in their simplicity. I thought the single flower in Meagan’s hair was an especially nice touch.

Brian said he felt the setting was perfect for them and I could see that was true. The colors, the decorations, the sense of casual, comfortable, simple art all lent themselves perfectly to the natural setting of the Lodge and its surroundings.

I always arrive early for weddings and this particular day was no exception. As I watched photographs being taken before the guests arrived, I noticed a dragonfly flitting around everyone and it lit on my wedding notebook for a few moments. After the wedding, I noticed that Brian’s mom was wearing a lovely dragonfly necklace and I mentioned to her that I had seen the dragonfly earlier. She said she had seen it too and her voice caught as she spoke. The necklace she was wearing was her mother’s, who had passed on a short while ago - and her mother had loved dragonflies. Brian’s mom had worn the necklace to the wedding to honor and include her mother and her mother had returned the favor by letting us know she was with us in spirit. She wanted to make her presence known and had chosen a perfect way.

It was, in a different and quite unexpected way, a sweet and fitting example of the poem that means so much to Meagan and Brian.

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings


_____________________________________________________________________

For any readers who would like to contact me;
                                       website  /  email  /  919-942-2808  
                                       Facebook  /  Pinterest   
                                       or leave a comment through the “comments” link below
_____________________________________________________________________

No comments: